Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Thursday 10 March 2011

Drat and double drat!

After weeks of keeping the baby sequestered - the better to avoid germs, my dear - I've only gone and caught a cold, haven't I?

Can you spell 'IRONY'?


I try not to talk to baby or breathe on him when I am breastfeeding him which is difficult because just this week, I have noticed him gazing intently at my face when I feed him or following me with his eyes when I move. Not the best time to spend our 'Mummy-Baby' sessions with my face up to the ceiling, I tell you. It makes me feel guilty, like I am shutting him out or something.

And it's tearing me apart to push him away from me at night when I know all he wants to do is snuggle and feel my heartbeat (he won't sleep in his carry-cot unless it's in motion or even his crib - long story short, nobody was getting any sleep until he lay down beside us in our King size bed. Don't judge me! You don't know what it's like!).

I know I caught the bug in our GP's waiting room late last week when we went to have the rash on his face evaluated. I'd say 'Can you spell DOUBLE IRONY' but it's well known that GPS' waiting rooms are the sort of places where germs come to date, mate, marry, co-habit and eventually divorce for other relationships. I'm lucky I escaped with just a cold. I hope Baby Mango doesn't catch it.

But until it goes, it looks like I'm going to keep my face away from the boy.

Will this give him any problems, I wonder? I'm thinking mummy/daddy issues, the type of which the Tory Party is painful familiar, where coldness from parents in early life breeds such sexual '(mis)adventurism' that even the News of the World wouldn't touch it with a 10-foot pole?


Riiiiiight.

I'm off to kiss my baby on the lips and breathe into his face.

Some things are worth a few germs.

No comments:

Post a Comment